- 4 dl soy flakes
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon rise vinegar
- 4 teaspoon dark sirup
- 3 teaspoon liquid smoke (be careful with the amount, since they vary depending which product you use)
- 2 teaspoon barbeque spices (for example Vantastic foods Barbeque Grill)
- oil for frying
1. Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sirup, bbq spices and liquid smoke
2. Add soy flakes and let the sauce absorb to the flakes
3. Fry in a oil in a frying pan until flakes start to get brown
4. Ready! If you want, you can leave them on a kitchen paper to get extra oil out
You can use this bacon for example in pasta sauces, hamburgers, add to your breakfast or eat with cream sauce and mashed potatoes.
This recipe is modified from an excellent Finnish vegan blog called Chocochili.